Philadelphia has a vibrant and diverse community of creative reuse artists who use materials with a past to help shape the future! We provide them with unique, affordable, and sustainable materials, and a place to exchange and develop new ideas. Our work enables:
- painters to create on salvaged theatre muslin
- sculptors to work with set production discards
- stage plays to be built from old film sets
- mixed media artists to use salvage and surplus
- fashion/costumes to be designed from what was left on the cutting room floor.
- one-of-a-kind crafts and decor made with upcycled materials.
Visit our reCreate Featured Artist page to get inspired by other local artists
Check out our workshop page to find out more about how you can create at the store
Read about our projects and collaborations with local institutions
Are you an artist who works with reclaimed materials?
Looking for a way to make your theatre or film set greener?
Want to make your handmade crafts or products more sustainable?
Would you like to teach your students how to create without creating waste?
Contact us to get involved!